Lavender: The Queen of Sleep
Did you know that a good night’s sleep is the third pillar of health, joining a balanced diet & exercising as one of the three things that pretty much guarantee a long and healthy life? That’s how important sleep is. Despite this, as many as 40% of us are sleep deprived..
Good sleep is vital for the growth and development of all parts of the body. The deficiency of sleep can be due to several reasons but relaxing the mind can surely aid in achieving a state of tranquillity.
Known as the Queen of Sleep, there are many studies that prove adding the calming effects of lavender to your sleep routine can make an enormous difference to the quality of your sleep.
Lavender is an incredibly versatile and ever popular essential oil. Its calming fragrance is renowned for its ability to instantly relax, calm and promote restful sleep routines.
A heady, purple flower that blooms at its best in sunny and open environments and valued for its gentle, sweet and aromatic scent.
One of the many reasons it's used widely in aromatherapy is not only its ability to blend well with oils but its incredible healing and therapeutic properties which are wide ranging.
Our beautiful, healing Lavender (lavande) found in Provence, France is harvested in mid-summer and left to dry for a few days to maximise the aroma then distilled.
5 Benefits of Lavender:
- Deeply relaxing, Lavender helps reduce levels of anxiety
- Lavender is softening and conditioning for all skin types
- Lavender is a mild analgesic which helps to ease headaches and achy muscles
- Lavender is naturally antibacterial and naturally deodorises the air, wonderful in a candle, room diffuser or room spray.
- Lavender is known as a sleepy oil. Research shows that rather than directly affecting the quality of sleep itself, the key effects of herbal fragrances like lavender help to actively reduce stress levels and anxiety and therefore relaxing people enough for them to sleep much better.
If you're a Lavender lover you'll adore our calming, restful Lavande Bedroom Bundle set.
Top tip for those with little ones in the house: